Sr. Account Manager
Location: Arlington , United States
Live Wire Media Relations is looking for an energetic, passionate, experienced PR professional to join our small, but growing team of highly motivated professionals as a Sr. Account Manager. In this role, you will lead several accounts — executing large-scale programs and managing high profile media and outreach efforts.
To succeed in this role, you must be a determined, resourceful, creative strategist with outstanding qualifications and references. As such:
- Your experience should speak for itself including examples of successful global, national, and regional PR campaigns.
- You must possess the maturity to work with people at all corporate levels and in all settings, including the ability to lead productive meetings, make impactful presentations, and craft strategies that resonate with clients and inspire the respect of colleagues in the media.
- You are expected to be both a team-leader and player – willing to invest your time and energy in the success of Live Wire including supporting the firm in developing new business and mentoring/collaborating with other staff.
Your responsibilities will include all facets of media relations account management, and execution. Specifically, you are responsible for:
- Managing client expectations and executive interface with client
- Providing strategic counsel to clients
- Identifying and leveraging media relations opportunities that will enhance our client’s reputation, key messages, and thought leadership with external audiences
- Writing and editing press materials, strategy documents, white papers, and award nominations
- Designing and implementing proactive press outreach initiatives
- Developing and executing short- and long-term PR plans
- Coordinating message development
- Leading client meetings and generating reporting documents
You must possess the following combination of experience and skills:
- Public relations agency experience at the global, national, and regional level.
- Superb account management skills – the ability to work effectively with clients in developing plans that match their goals and anticipate changing needs/priorities/environments as well as collaborating with other Live Wire team members in developing and meeting the firms general account priorities.
- Effective project management skills including: excellent organizational skills – the ability to prioritize, multi-task, and maintain a sharp focus on a campaign’s critical path while managing in a dynamic, creative, challenging, and fast-paced environment; the ability to define project goals and deliverables, as well as a track record in implementing key programs on time and within budget; and rigorous attention to detail.
- Superb writing, editing, and public speaking skills including a proven ability to write compelling communications materials.
- Demonstrated leadership skills including developing new business, mentoring staff, and maintaining a positive attitude in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Competent user of business software (Microsoft Office, CisionPoint).
Live Wire Media Relations offers the opportunity to work with a dynamic team, and an excellent compensation and benefits package including medical/dental/vision, paid holidays, and a 401(k) plan with a significant company match.