Location: Arlington , United States
Live Wire Media Relations, a strategic public relations firm headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, seeks a public relations/media relations intern who is eager to demonstrate his/her skills and gain experience working in a professional PR firm.
This position will entail supporting senior level PR professionals with the fundamentals of public relations including the following:
- Provide administrative and organizational support
- Draft PR collateral materials, including press releases, pitch letters, fact sheets and backgrounders, etc.
- Create and maintain media lists and editorial calendars
- Conduct research and coordinating editorial opportunities
- Assemble and distribute press kits
- Pitch to the media to secure positive news coverage on behalf of agency’s clients
- Monitor news coverage and generate reporting documents in order to calculate ROI on behalf of clients
This is truly a great opportunity to understand what PR is all about. Candidates can elect to be given college credit for the internship.
Interns will receive a $100 monthly stipend to cover travel related costs (Metro, bus, car) to get to and from work on a daily basis. On the last day your internship, interns will be rewarded with a special day with Live Wire’s founder and president, Chryssa Zizos. This day will include shopping for a complementary business suit and formal lunch to kick-start your career.
Your responsibilities will include all facets of media relations account management, and execution. Specifically, you are responsible for:
- College student majoring in public relations, communication, marketing or journalism
- Resourceful, proactive and detail oriented
- Good research ability and command of the internet
- Prior PR internship experience a plus
- Good PC skills
Applicants should submit resume and cover letter to:
Live Wire Media Relations, LLC
2800 Shirlington Rd. Suite 401
Arlington, VA 22206
703-519-1600 Ext. 102